About This Course
Entrepreneurship 103 prepares you for the MIT Bootcamps!
The bootcamp is a one-week, intensive entrepreneurship education program that challenges you to start a company in 5 days. The Bootcamp offers you the unique opportunity to be mentored by MIT faculty and MIT alumni entrepreneurs and investors as you begin your new entrepreneurial journey.
This course is not only for those planning to attend the Bootcamp. If you are asking yourself the big question "How will my innovation make money?" this could will help you find the answers to meet your goals, whether you continue to the Bootcamp or not.
This course is particularly useful for:
- Corporate entrepreneurs building a new product line;
- Scientists and engineers commercializing a new technology;
- Entrepreneurs whose innovations have created radically new markets;
- Educators, particularly former entrepreneurs, who are beginning to teach entrepreneurship;
- Policymakers who work to energize the innovation ecosystems in their regions.
In short, Entrepreneurship 103 is your guide to creating a profitable and sustainable business.
With case studies from MIT startup companies and interviews of their founders, the course will teach you:
- How to design a business model;
- How to price your product;
- How to build a sales process.
Entrepreneurship 103 will be of particular interest to you if you are offering a business-to-business (B2B) product or service, if you have created a multi-sided marketplace, or if you are competing in an established market with entrenched competition and are looking for an innovating business model to give you competitive advantage.
Finally, it is great to take Entrepreneurship 103 as a team, for the course will give you a common framework to make decisions, laying the foundation for your long-term success.
Image: Marius Ursache
What you'll learn
- Understand the Decision Making Unit
- Navigate the Decision Making Process
- Develop a Pricing Framework
- Map a Sales Process
- Choose or Design a Business Model
- Measure the Cost of Customer Acquisition
- Estimate the Lifetime Value of Your Customer
- Entrepreneurship 101: Who is your customer?
- Entrepreneurship 102: What can you do for your customer?